Friday, January 28, 2011
I believe that these German Cookies need no further introduction. A recipe which calls for only 4 ingredients and simple steps and ta-dah, awaiting you is a tray of irresistible melt-in-the-mouth cookies! :) No wonder these snow-white beauties are one of the popular cookies among the bloggers to bake for CNY this year.
Thanks to Cook.Bake.Love for sharing the recipe. :)
Adapted from: Cook.Bake.Love
Ingredients (Makes 36)
125 g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
40 g icing sugar
125 g potato starch
80 g plain flour
1. Beat butter and icing sugar till pale and fluffy.
2. Sift in potato starch and plain flour and mix to form a soft dough.
3. Scoop the batter using a teaspoon and roll into small balls. Arrange on a lined baking pan and press lightly with a fork.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 150°C for 20 minutes (need not bake till cookies turn brown).
- To prevent the cookie dough from sticking on the fork, dip the fork in water before each use.