Tuesday, February 1, 2011
It will be an understatement to say that my family likes these cookies. They simply ADORE these delicious cookies to every single bit! My sister even asked if I can bake another bottle of these cookies, so that they can happily finish the first bottle without qualms before the start of CNY. Of course, I obliged to her request, happily as well. Hehe... :)
Thanks to Min's Blog for sharing the recipe. :)
Adapted from: Min's Blog
Ingredients (Makes 45 cookies)
110 g butter
50 g castor sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp lemon zest / orange zest, grated
125 g self-raising flour
1 tbsp corn flour
50 g corn flakes, crushed
1. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla essence till pale and smooth.
2. Add in egg yolk and lemon zest (or orange zest) and continue to beat till smooth.
3. Sift in self-raising flour and corn flour, mix well to make it into a dough.
4. Using one teaspoon of dough, roll into a ball and coat with the crushed corn flakes. Place the dough into small cases and arrange the cases on a baking tray.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 150°C for 25 minutes.
- I omitted the grated lemon zest / orange zest.
- I substituted self-raising flour with 125 g plain flour and 1 tsp baking powder.