Wednesday, January 26, 2011
These Coconut Cookies are perfectly described by Ching of 平平凡凡，简简单单. During baking, the lovely coconut aroma filled the entire kitchen. The finished products combine and bring out the best of the two worlds: buttery and the sweet fragrance of coconut. Perfect! :)
I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #3: My Favorite CNY Cookie (Jan 2011) hosted by j3ss kitchen.
Thanks to 平平凡凡，简简单单 for sharing the recipe. :)
Adapted from: 平平凡凡，简简单单 and 君之
Ingredients (Makes 38)
80 g cake flour
10 g rice flour
20 g desiccated coconut
90 g butter, softened at room temperature
1 tbsp egg, lightly beaten
45 g icing sugar
Some desiccated coconut, for sprinkling
1. In a large bowl, sift the cake flour and rice flour together. Mix in desiccated coconut and set aside.
2. Beat butter and icing sugar till the batter turns pale and increases in volume.
3. Add in egg and beat until well-combined.
4. Fold in the flour mixture using a spatula until a soft dough is formed.
5. Using one teaspoon of dough, roll into a ball and coat with desiccated coconut. Place the dough into small cases and arrange the cases on a baking tray.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 150°C for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
7. Cool on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container.