Saturday, January 15, 2011

Almond Pandan Cookies


Baking cookies or should I say handling dough is never my forte. Can you believe that I actually spent more than 1.5 hour just to roll the dough and cut into shapes? I guess I really need to brush up my skills. Haha...

I am glad that the time and effort spent are paid off with crunchy buttery almond cookies. :)

I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #3: My Favorite CNY Cookie (Jan 2011) hosted by j3ss kitchen.


Thanks to My Kitchen Snippets for sharing the recipe. :)

Almond Pandan Cookies
Adapted from: My Kitchen Snippets

Ingredients (Makes 75 small cookies)
100 g butter
50 g sugar
100 g flour
25 g ground almond
40 g cornflour
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp pandan paste

Method
1. Sift flour, corn flour and salt together. Add in the ground almond and mix well. Set aside.
2. Beat butter, sugar and pandan paste until soft and well-combined.
3. Add in the flour mixture and mix till well-combined.
4. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for half an hour.
5. Roll the dough out to about ½-cm thick and cut into shapes using cookie cutters.
6. Place the cookies in a lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for 20 minutes until lightly brown on the edges.
7. Cool completely on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.