Friday, October 21, 2011
Thanks to Jane's Corner and Forbidden Garden for sharing the recipe. :)
Adapted from: Jane's Corner and Forbidden Garden
Ingredients (Makes 5)
60 g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
35 g castor sugar
50 g (1) egg
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
60 g fresh milk
40 g buttermilk / plain yogurt
105 g plain flour
4 g baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder (Optional)
6 - 8 pieces Oreo biscuits, coarsely crushed
Some chocolate rice (Optional)
1. Sift plain flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder together. Set aside.
2. With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar till pale.
3. Add in egg and continue to beat until well-combined.
4. Heat up the fresh milk and buttermilk (or yogurt) till slightly warm. Add the milk mixture into the egg mixture and mix well.
5. Add in vanilla essence, followed by the flour mixture and mix well.
6. Add in the coarsely crushed Oreo biscuits and chocolate rice, mix gently until just combined.
7. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups until ⅔ full. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes or until cooked.
8. Cool the muffins on a wire rack after baking.
- I omitted cinnamon powder and chocolate rice. 8 pieces of Oreo biscuits were coarsely crushed with the cream.
- Plain yogurt was used and fresh milk was replaced with hot water. I mixed yogurt and hot water together and did not heat up the mixture.