I am not a kueh person, so do not be surprised when I say that I have never eaten Kuih Kosui Pandan before. Hehe...
I did not do a good job during unmolding as you can already tell from the photo. Other than that, these pandan-flavoured kuehs are fantastic: Fragrant, soft and springy, just the way a kueh should be. :)
I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #12: Traditional Kueh (October 2011) hosted by Small Small Baker.
Thanks to Maameemoomoo for sharing the recipe. :)
Kuih Kosui Pandan
Adapted from: Maameemoomoo
Ingredients (Makes 5)
45 g rice flour
12.5 g tapioca flour
37.5 g sugar
75 ml thick coconut milk
2 pandan leaves
112.5 ml water
Some grated coconut
Pinch of salt
1. For topping: Mix grated coconut and salt together and steam over high heat. Set aside to cool.
2. Blend pandan leaves with water and strain to get the pandan juice.
3. Sift rice flour and tapioca flour into a mixing bowl. Add in all the rest of the ingredients, except grated coconut.
4. Mix thoroughly and stir over low heat till mixture thickens.
5. Pour the mixture into the greased patty tins and steam over medium heat for 20 minutes.
6. Cool completely before removing from patty tins. Serve with grated coconut.
- I replaced the pandan juice with equal amount of water and a few drops of pandan paste.