My health has not been good again recently, hence some of you might have noticed my lack of updates and I have not been visiting blogs for a while. :(
I saw these Honey Cupcakes at Small Small Baker some time back. It is strangely amazing that how one could miss a wonderful recipe while reading the book until you encounter the same recipe again much later at baking blogs. That goes the same for this Honey Cupcakes recipe.
I wish all readers a Happy New Year and hope that 2011 will be a great year ahead for all of us!! :)
Thanks to Small Small Baker for sharing the recipe. :)
Adapted from: Small Small Baker and 孟老师的100道小蛋糕 by 孟兆庆
Ingredients (Makes 5)
20 g vegetable oil
30 g honey
20 g castor sugar
50 g cake flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1. Place oil and honey in a bowl and heat up the mixture by placing the bowl in hot water. Mix well using a spoon and set aside.
2. With an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar at low speed. Gradually increase the speed to high and beat till the mixture turns creamy white and reaches ribbon stage. Reduce to low speed and beat for another 1 minute.
3. Sift in cake flour and baking powder and add in honey and oil mixture. Mix gently until smooth.
4. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups till 80% full and rest at room temperature for about 5 minutes.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 15 – 20 minutes.