I have the terrible habit of buying something first (usually on impulse) and then decide what I want to do with them much, much later. This bake is yet another classic example of my random purchase: Walnuts!
Do not be fooled by the plain or unappetizing look of this Walnut Pound Cake. Its buttery aroma and crunchy walnut bits will make you fall in love with it after the first bite. :)
I would also like to take this opportunity to wish all my dear readers and blogger friends a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)
Walnut Pound Cake
Adapted from: 磅蛋糕123 by 趙筱蓓
Ingredients (Makes an 8-inch round)
120 g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
80 g white sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
130 g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
100 g walnuts
1 – 2 tsp rum
1. Toast walnuts at 120°C for 3 minutes. Coarsely chop the walnuts and set aside to cool.
2. Beat butter and sugar till creamy and fluffy.
3. Add in eggs gradually and mix till well-combined.
4. Sift cake flour and baking powder together. Add in separate additions and mix well.
5. Add in the chopped walnuts and rum and mix lightly.
6. Pour the batter into a greased 8-inch round pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 175°C for 60 minutes.
7. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Unmold from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Rum helps to enhance the walnut flavour in the cake.
- I used plain flour instead of cake flour. Rum was omitted.