Sunday, December 12, 2010

Honey Cranberry Cupcakes

These days, I am in a "quick baking therapy" mode where I can get my bakes done in a short time. Hence I apologise if you are getting tired of seeing the frequent appearances of cupcakes and muffins over at my blog. :)


The original recipe in the book called for sweetened red beans. Seeing that Happy Flour has successfully modified the recipe into Honey Cranberry Cupcakes, I followed suit. :)


Thanks to Happy Flour for sharing the recipe. :)

Honey Cranberry Cupcakes
Adapted from: Happy Flour and 孟老师的100道小蛋糕 by 孟兆庆

Ingredients (Makes 8)
80 g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
100 g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
70 g eggs, lightly beaten
40 g castor sugar
1/2 tsp mirin
2 tbsp honey
100 g dried cranberries

Method
1. Sift cake flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
2. With an electric mixer, beat butter and flour mixture until smooth, glossy and creamy.
3. Add in eggs and sugar and beat until well-combined, followed by mirin and honey.
4. Add in the dried cranberries and fold gently with a spatula.
5. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups till 80% full. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 20 – 25 minutes.

Notes
- I used plain flour instead of cake flour and omitted mirin.
- You may replace mirin with same amount of vanilla essence.