Thursday, September 15, 2011

Home-baked Goodies

I want to say a big "Thank You" to Angel for her homemade mooncakes. I am really surprised and privileged to receive them. Even though I couldn't wait to sample them immediately, I waited patiently (or impatiently) till the next day: I want to take photos of these mooncakes with the natural lighting before they disappear in no time. Hehe...


Lotus Paste Pork Floss Butter Mooncake: The pastry is very crumbly and delicate. The slightly salty pastry compliments perfectly with the sweet lotus paste, presenting a balanced harmony. Awaiting me in the middle of the mooncake is a lovely surprise: flosses! Indeed a very interesting mooncake and I love it to every bit. :)


Walnut Mooncake: I am impressed with the pretty and unique appearance of the mooncake with the walnuts nicely tucked around the side. The lotus paste is skilfully wrapped in a thin pastry skin and the walnuts create a delightful nutty dimension to the soft and crumbly mooncake. Yummy! :)

Once again, thank you Angel! :)