Finally, the slim pound cake tin that I have won earlier at The Kitchen 70's giveaway is put to good use. I am madly in love with the tin, for it moulds the baked products to a pretty rectangular. Thank you for your lovely gift, J.O. :)
This soft Earl Grey pound cake is lightly perfumed with the Earl Grey tea scent. For all avid tea lovers, this cake will definitely not disappoint you! :)
Thanks to 鲸鱼蓝蓝小窝居 for sharing the recipe. :)
Earl Grey Pound Cake
Adapted from: 鲸鱼蓝蓝小窝居 and 磅蛋糕 & 烤点心 by Ecole
Ingredients (Makes a loaf)
100 g butter, softened at room temperature
70 g icing sugar
90 g cake flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp (3 satchels) Earl Grey tea powder
1. Sift cake flour and baking powder together. Add in the tea powder and mix well. Set aside.
2. With an electric mixer, beat butter and add icing sugar in 2 additions until the batter increases in volume and pale in colour.
3. Add in eggs gradually, beating well after each addition.
4. Fold in the flour mixture using a spatula until flour mixture is fully incorporated into the batter.
5. Pour the batter into a lined loaf pan and bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 50 – 60 minutes or till cooked.
- I sifted Earl Grey tea powder together with the flour mixture.
- I replaced icing sugar with castor sugar.