It has been a long time since I last posted, one month to be exact. Did anyone miss me? :)
After the Moist Butter Cake post, there are several encounters where wet lines are observed in my butter cakes. This time round, I halved the Lemon Butter Cake recipe, which The Little Teochew has tweaked from her Moist Butter Cake. The result is fantastic, a soft cake with a lovely citrus lemon scent! :)
Thanks to The Little Teochew for sharing the recipe. :)
Lemon Butter Cake
Adapted from: The Little Teochew
Ingredients (Makes an 18-cm round)
97.5 g plain flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
85 g unsalted butter, softened
60 g sugar
1 1/2 tsp lemon zest, grated
4 tbsp fresh milk
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease and line an 18-cm round cake pan.
2. Sift plain flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar on medium speed until pale and fluffy for about 2 minutes.
4. Add in lemon zest and egg gradually and beat until well-combined. If the mixture curdles, add 1 tbsp of flour and continue mixing.
5. Add the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with milk, beating at low speed until the flour mixture is fully incorporated in the batter.
6. Switch the mixer to medium speed and beat for 10 – 15 seconds, just until the batter appears uniform. The batter should look thick and creamy.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smoothen the top with a spatula.
8. Bake at 190°C for 30 – 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes clean.
9. Leave the cake to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Unmold and cool on a wire rack completely.
- Omitted the Lemon Curd Cream.
- Use a smaller pan.