It is a good thing that the people in the supermarket have cut and repackaged pumpkins into smaller pieces as I could not imagine finishing a whole big pumpkin!
The recipe calls for a single baking pan but I have baked them in cupcake size. Soft and fragrant, I thoroughly enjoyed the generous serving of pumpkin all over the cake. I will certainly make more pumpkin bakes in the future.
A question though: For the pumpkin skin, should I remove prior to or after the steaming? :)
Adapted from: Fruity Cakes by Alex Goh
Ingredients (Make 18)
250 g butter
150 g castor sugar
150 g pumpkin, steamed and mashed
320 g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
60 g coconut milk / fresh milk
90 g pumpkin seeds
220 g raw pumpkin, diced
1. Sift plain flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and beat until light and smooth.
3. Add in the mashed pumpkin and mix until well-blended.
4. Fold in the flour mixture and coconut milk and mix until well-combined.
5. Add the pumpkin seeds and 120 g diced pumpkin, mix until well-incorporated.
6. Pour the batter into cupcake moulds and sprinkle the remaining of the diced pumpkin on top.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 175°C for 25 minutes.
- You can add in ½ tsp ground cinnamon to enhance the flavour.