Don't the plentiful blueberries look rather squeezy in a small cupcake? Believe me, if you are a fan of blueberries like me, you will welcome them lovingly with open
Adapted from: 500 Cupcakes & Muffins by Fergal Connolly
Ingredients (Makes 12)
110 g castor sugar
1 tbsp lemon zest, grated
265 g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
225 ml milk
115 g unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla essence
225 g blueberries, fresh or thawed frozen
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Place 12 paper baking cases in a muffin tin.
2. In a medium bowl, stir the sugar, lemon zest, flour and baking powder with a spoon.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla with an electric whisk until smooth, about 1 minute.
4. Add the dry ingredients and stir until the blueberries are just combined.
5. Spoon the batter into the cases.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove tin from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Serve muffins immediately.
7. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.