Tuesday, August 9, 2011

White Loaf


Thanks to Jess and Honey Boy, I finally got my first decent looking bread loaf after countless failures in bread making! I say this bread looks decent because it looks like and tastes like bread to me! :) For that, I am overjoyed. :)

I used a 450 g (20 x 10 x 10 cm) non-stick loaf tin and after slightly more than 1 hour of final proofing, the bread was like about 80% full. Afraid of over-proofing, I closed the lid and popped the tin in the oven. As expected, the bread did not rise to the top. Hence I did not manage to get a Pullman loaf even though the recipe is supposed to be a Pullman loaf.

I have taken a closer photo on the bread to show you the bread texture.


Please tell me, have I succeeded? :)

Another question again: For a 450 g bread loaf, how much bread flour do you usually use? I saw recipes ranging from 250 g to 330 g bread flour and I am not too sure which one should I use.

I am eager to hear all your feedbacks and feel free to share all useful tips in bread making as I am really a total begineer in this area.

Last but not least, Happy National Day to Singapore!!! :)