Friday, November 5, 2010

Banana Cinnamon Muffins

Confession: I am not a muffin person. Most of the muffins that I had eaten were dense and oily and I always had the feeling that I was eating mouthfuls of oil. However, all this became history ever since my encounter with these Berry Berry Berry Muffins.

It began when I had some blueberries and Honey Boy of Cosy Bake suggested that I made muffins with them. She greatly recommended her favourite muffin recipe. I noticed that the recipe used cinnamon powder, however I am not a big fan of cinnamon either. Nonetheless, I decided to give this muffin recipe a try.

I was completely won over. The baked blueberry muffins were so soft, fluffy and fabulous, totally different from the usual muffins that I came across. This Berry Berry Berry Muffins recipe is definitely a keeper!


This time round, I made some modifications to the recipe to make Banana Cinnamon Muffins. I apologise if the photos did little or no justice to these wonderful muffins. I spooned too much batter into the muffin cups and they overflowed during baking. The lighting was poor as well when I was taking the photos. However, I strongly recommend this muffin recipe and hope you enjoy them as much as I do. :)


Thanks to Cosy Bake for recommending and sharing the recipe. :)

Banana Cinnamon Muffins
Adapted from: Cosy Bake

Ingredients (Makes 12)
200 g cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder
125 g castor sugar
2 eggs
120 g butter, melted / vegetable oil
3 tbsp milk
180 g bananas, mashed (2 Del Monte bananas)

Method
1. Whisk the eggs and sugar together till pale and sugar is dissolved.
2. Add in melted butter (or vegetable oil) and mix well, followed by milk.
3. Sift in flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder to the batter and give it a quick mix using a spatula. Do not over-mix; mixture should be lumpy.
4. Add in the mashed bananas and mix lightly.
5. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25 minutes.
6. Cool the muffins on wire rack after baking.