Friday, April 13, 2012
Adapted from: Happy Flour
Ingredients (Makes 10)
50 g unsalted butter, melted
65 g egg whites
35 g caster sugar
25 g cake flour
25 g ground almond
1/2 tsp corn flour
1 tsp matcha powder
Pinch of baking powder
Pinch of salt
1. Melt butter over low fire until slightly brown and gives off a nutty aroma. Set aside to cool and strain.
2. Sift cake flour, ground almonds, corn flour, matcha powder, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
3. In a clean big bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy.
4. Add in sugar and continue to whisk till sugar is dissolved.
5. Fold in flour mixture until well-blended.
6. Fold in melted butter until well-blended.
7. Spoon the batter into greased moulds till 90% full.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 10 – 15 minutes or till lightly browned.
9. Remove the financiers from the moulds and cool on a wire rack.
- I did not strain the butter after melting.