At the back of my mind, I remembered that I have some dried figs at home. But when I was preparing the ingredients, I couldn't find it! Well, since I have already melted the butter and juice, I continued on and substituted with dried plums. Lesson learnt: To check all the ingredients before baking! :P
Thanks to Happy Home Baking for sharing the recipe. :) I made some modifications to the recipe to make Dried Plum Muffins.
Dried Plum Muffins
Adapted from: Happy Home Baking
Ingredients (Makes 5)
15 g dried plums
45 g unsalted butter
125 ml apple juice
Lemon zest, grated from 1/2 lemon
157.5g plain flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
50 g castor sugar
30 g brown sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Heat apple juice and butter in a saucepan over low heat until the butter is melted.
2. Remove from heat and add in the dried plums and lemon zest. Leave to cool until the plums are softened, about 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease muffin cups with butter or line with muffin liners.
4. In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugars, salt and baking powder.
5. Make a well in the centre and add the cooled plum mixture, eggs and vanilla. Stir until just combined. Do not over-mix, the batter will be slightly lumpy.
6. Spoon the batter into muffin cups, filling to the rim of the cup.
7. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until golden, and the skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
8. Transfer the muffin pan to a cooling rack and let it cool for 5 mins. Unmold the muffins and cool completely.