Blogging from my sister's laptop...
I found the rare yet popularly raved purple sweet potatoes during one of my grocery shoppings. Imagine my excitement and joy! :)
I really love these cupcakes. The cupcakes have a wonderfully soft texture and exude the lovely sweet potato fragrance. Strongly recommend! :)
Purple Sweet Potato Cupcakes
Adapted from: Anncoo Journal
Ingredients (Makes 6)
120 g butter
80 g sugar
120 g fresh milk / whipping cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
140 g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
200 g purple sweet potatoes, steamed and mashed
1. Sift plain flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add in ½ of the fresh milk (or whipping cream) and vanilla extract, mix well.
5. Add in the mashed sweet potatoes, mixing well at low speed.
6. Add in the remaining fresh milk (or whipping cream) and flour mixture alternately until all has been used up.
7. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 – 25 minutes.