Wednesday, July 27, 2011
"Oh, what a plain looking muffin!" I bet this thought is crossing your mind right now as you are reading this post. Most likely, you will even reject it if I were to offer you one. Hold on, I urge you to reconsider before you start to regret what you are missing. Hehe... :P
Surprise!!! Full of chocolate chips inside. Now I am pretty sure that you will not resist this muffin any more!
On a lighter note, I will sprinkle some chocolate chips on top if I were to make these little delights again, something which I honestly did not put much thought when I was baking them. :)
Thanks to pReCiouS MoMentS for sharing the recipe. :)
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Adapted from: pReCiouS MoMentS
Ingredients (Makes 8)
120 g plain flour, sifted
50 g castor sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
50 g canola oil
150 g plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
55 g chocolate chips
1. Combine plain flour, castor sugar, baking soda and salt together in a mixing bowl and mix well.
2. In another bowl, whisk egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla essence together.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and give it a quick mix using a spatula. Add in the chocolate chips and continue to mix gently until just combined. Do not over-mix; mixture should be lumpy.
4. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups until ½ full.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for around 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- You can replace the fillings with Oreo biscuits, strawberry jam or Nutella spread. If you are using jam or Nutella spread, fill the muffin cups with the batter halfway, add the jam or spread, and top up with the batter till ¾ full.